Mother’s Day – it’s really a shame that it’s only once a year because there are just so many great ways to show mom how much she means to you. One extraordinary and very funny mom I know also happens to be a Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Ambassador and graced our inaugural People Who Care feature last October. This would be, of course, Good Enough Mother author, René Syler.
Scheduled to appear on NBC favorite, The Today Show on Friday, May 9, you can catch her segment and help support Susan G. Komen for The Cure® by shopping for mom or any woman in your life this Mother’s Day right here on www.nonprofitshoppingmall.com.
We’ve tried to make it easy for you by adding a Shop For The Cure category but rest assured — you can choose any retailer, any product — and still give a great gift that gives back.
And while we’re on message for Susan G, Komen for the Cure®, I was genuinely surprised to find an email from American Airlines outlining its 20-year relationship with the organization and its Miles For The Cure campaign. Since supporting the first race in Dallas in 1983, American has become an Official Race Series Partner of the Susan G. Komen
Race for the Cure® team. Twenty-five years ago, when there were less than 50 events across the country, American was named the official carrier of the Races and has been a member of Komen’s Million Dollar Council since 1992. For those of us who are AAdvantage® members, we can earn an additional 5 AAdvantage® Bonus Miles for every $1 donated directly online to Susan G. Komen For The Cure® through the 31st of May. There are some pretty tight Terms and Conditions to this promotion but I thought I’d go ahead and post them so you could make an informed decision. By making a donation directly to the organization through American’s Miles For The Cure program, we can all share a role in supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and its vision of a world without breast cancer.
- Offer valid on contributions made online at www.komen.org/aa
- Minimum $25 donation required
- Promotion dates are April 16 through May 31, 2008
- Mileage cap for a 12-month period is 50,000 for U.S. members; 60,000 for international members
- Bonus miles do not count toward elite-status qualification
- Donations are tax-deductible minus the value of benefits received. Please allow up to eight weeks for the bonus miles to be posted to your account. Donations can only be accepted in U.S. dollars. All gifts are welcome; however, miles will only be earned for donations of at least $25 USD. Donations are tax deductible less $.022 per mile earned.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and Miles for the Cure™ are marks of Susan G. Komen
- American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program at any time without notice. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.